The following documents are mandatory for GST registration:
● PAN Card
● Photograph of the owner
● Phone number and Email id
● Proof of address
● Bank account details
PAN Card: The PAN (Permanent Account Number) of the business or business owner ( in case of proprietorship) will be required for obtaining GST registration. In addition to the owner’s PAN, Aadhar card is also an important document for GST registration of individuals or sole proprietors.
For private and public companies or Hindu Undivided Families (HUF), PAN card of the Company or the HUF must be submitted while doing the GST registration.
Photograph of the owner: Passport sized photos of all owners, partners, along with the authorized signatory’s is mandatory for GST registration. In the case of online applications for GST registration, one needs to upload these documents in JPEG format, with a maximum size of 100KB.
Phone number and Email ID: Valid contact details, which include mobile number along with an email address is mandatory during the GST registration process for the Primary Authorized Signatory. As any form of communication and updates on the status of your registration will be provided on these contact details, so, providing these details is an essential part of any GST registration checklist.
Proof of address: Main place of the business entity is the primary location from where a taxpayer’s business is conducted and the business’s records and accounts are stored.
Any of the following documents can be used as address proof for GST registration
● Document that shows proof of ownership for the premises, such as a recent property tax receipt, a copy of the khata of the municipality or a copy of an electricity bill
● The ownership document, in the case of owned property
● Any copy of a valid rent or lease agreement, if required
● The requisite proof of each place in the state will be required, for additional places of business.
Bank account details:
The details of bank accounts are not mandatory at the time of GST registration.
It can be subsequently added by filing an amendment application at the time of
the first login.
The following documents related to bank accounts can be
provided for GST registration.
● A copy of a cancelled cheque or
● The first and last pages of the passbook, or a bank
● During this process, one can provide the details of up
to 10 bank accounts